Please read the following information about email communication and our email policies. If you have any questions, please contact us at (510) 792-4373.
We cannot answer any specific clinical or medical questions pertaining to your child over email. We DO NOT provide online medical advice. If you have an urgent, medical, clinical, or health-related question about your child, please DO NOT send this over email, but contact our office directly at (510) 792-4373. Confidential information (e.g. insurance information, social security numbers, etc…) should NOT be sent through email due to privacy and security concerns.
Our email policy is as follows:
- Please include your name, your child’s name, your child’s date of birth, and telephone number we can reach you at your email.
- Please fill in the subject line of each email to alert the doctors and their staff of the purpose of your message. (e.g., QUESTIONS; FORM REQUEST; SUGGESTION etc.)
- It is our practice to make every effort to protect your confidential information in all communication. We acknowledge, however, that no email is 100% secure. Even the most carefully protected messages are stored on a computer’s hard drive. Though it is unlikely, this information could be retrievable. We cannot guarantee against unknown privacy violations such as unauthorized access achieved by illegal activity.
- Similar to telephone correspondence, all email correspondence from established patients will be placed in patient charts.
- We ask you to limit your email communication with us to:
- General office inquiries/questions
- Request a prenatal consultation*
- Request a copy of immunization records
- Request a school form
* When you request a prenatal consultation, our office staff will call you back to schedule the appointment.
- We will try to respond to email messages within 2 working days (Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays excluded). However, there is no way to guarantee that this will occur, for a variety of legitimate reasons. If you do not get a response from this office within 2 days, it is up to you to contact us by telephone (510) 792-4373 or in person.
- We do NOT accept medication refill requests by email. Please contact your pharmacy and ask them to send us a prescription refill request.
- We will do our best to avoid technical problems. However, if a computer virus infiltrates our system, we cannot guarantee that we could prevent it from inadvertently passing to your computer.
- If we are out of the office or if we are with other patients, a medical assistant will print out email messages for us and, at our direction, may respond to you on our behalf.
If you agree with the policy above and would like to email us, please click on this email link: SouthEastBayPediatric@sebpmg.com.