COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
South East Bay Pediatrics is well aware of the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and is taking appropriate steps to protect both our patients and staff. Please review our recommendations, resource websites with additional information, and updated practice policies.
RAPID COVID TESTING
We are pleased to be able to offer rapid molecular testing for our patients. SEBP is using the Abbott ID Now platform which is a rapid molecular NAAT test that can provide same day results. At this time, we are offering outpatient testing to our asymptomatic patients who need a test to clear them from COVID infection. Please email us or call our office to make an appointment. Patients who have symptoms can still get same day tests, when they see an MD to evaluate their illness. Please note the following:
- Outpatient testing is only for asymptomatic patients. If your child has any symptoms that could possibly be due to COVID, you will be asked to schedule an appointment with your doctor. A test can be done at that time.
- Outpatient visits are for testing only, this is not an office visit with the doctor. If you have questions or need advice, you will be asked to reschedule for an appointment with your doctor; testing can be done during that visit.
- If you need a rapid test for travel, this may NOT be an acceptable test if an RT-PCR is required. An RT-PCR is a different test and the Abbott ID Now does not fulfill this requirement. The Abbott ID Now test is a NAAT test, so check what test is needed for your travel plans.
We are located at 2191 Mowry Ave., across the street from Washington Hospital. Our doctors are specialists, trained and certified in the specialty of Pediatrics. All are members of the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Board of Pediatrics, which certify Pediatric specialists and set the standards for Pediatric care in the United States. All are active in organizations promoting good health care for our children.
Please review our updated financial policy, effective January 1, 2023
Autism: Beware of Potentially Dangerous Therapies and Products – There is no cure for autism. So, products or treatments claiming to “cure” or “treat” autism do not work as claimed. Some may carry significant health risks.
Our physicians are board-certified pediatricians who specialize in the care of children from birth through young adulthood. They all work very closely with Washington Hospital, Lucile Packard Children Hospital (Stanford), UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital in Oakland and San Francisco.
Dr. Hallaj-pour will be taking a leave of absence starting July 1st, 2022. Please read Dr. Hallaj-pour’s letter here.
We offer a full range of pediatric services for newborns, infants, children and teenagers, including:
- Birth through adolescent care
- Routine health maintenance examinations
- Same day ill visits
- Complimentary pre-natal consultations
- Early morning urgent visit hour
- Same-day Saturday and Sunday morning appointments beginning at 9:00 am for URGENT CARE
- ADHD evaluations and treatment
Flu Vaccines: Our Outpatient Flu Vaccine Clinic opened September 6th for anyone who has had at least 1 flu vaccine in the past year and no acute illness at the time of the visit. September-October is the best time for children to receive their flu shot. Get more information about the vaccine and our flu shot clinic.
Measles: Your best protection against measles is vaccination. Review policies and resources.
Whooping Cough: Learn more about the 7th-12th Grade California Whooping Cough Immunization Law
You have questions and concerns. Check our Parent Resource Section.
Schedule a prenatal interview to learn more about our practice.
Review insurance coverage, policies and billing information.