Visitation Policy During the COVID Pandemic
During this COVID pandemic, we have been limiting the number of patients and family members who accompany their children to their appointments in order to be able to maintain social distancing within the office and protect your family. We understand that both parents often wish to be present at their children’s appointments and to this end we have expanded our policy to allow both parents at their child’s routine well-child care (WCC) appointment for specific physicians in our office. Our policy is as follows:
1) Masks are to be worn at all times for all family members 2 years and above, even within the exam rooms.
2) Social distancing is to be maintained at all times.
3) For sick visits, only 1 parent or guardian is allowed to accompany the child at the appointment.
4) For routine well-child care (WCC) appointments both parents are now allowed to accompany their child at the routine WCC visit. As much as possible we do still request that one parent accompany your child after the 2 month visit to make it easier to maintain social distancing. Please note that specific circumstances have made it necessary for specific doctors to still require that only 1 parent accompany the child to the WCC appointment. You will be informed of this at the time the appointment is made.
5) Siblings and extended family members are not allowed at the sick or WCC appointments.
Our policy is meant to protect everyone involved, especially your family during this COVID pandemic. We understand that certain situations or conditions may necessitate exceptions to this policy. Please let us know ahead of time if there are special situations or circumstances that we may bring to your doctor’s attention. We will strive to do our best to meet your needs.